Bloodstone

Kujata - Final Fantasy XI
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 pm 
Lamp

Justin Gilbert's forgettable 2016 season may Tennessee-Titans Womens Jersey not be his final season with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
On Thursday, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said that the team has not "closed the door" on re-signing him this offseason, according to Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
Colbert's announcement reiterated what Steelers.com's Bob Labriola wrote about the situation last week when he wrote that releasing Gilbert was mostly above saving money.
"The rookie contract Justin Gilbert signed with the Browns in 2014 included a $1.2 million roster bonus to be paid in 2017 along with a salary of $970,023," Labriola wrote. "For a player who hadn’t done anything with this team yet, the Steelers saw that as too high a price to pay, when there are going to have to be salary cap dollars allocated to Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown this offseason for sure, along with getting ready to deal with the expiring contracts of Stephon Tuitt and Ryan Shazier.
"The Steelers are not opposed to having Gilbert competing for a roster spot in 2017, but not at that guaranteed price. They have not closed the doorMarcus Sherels Youth Jersey on Gilbert’s return, but it would have to be at a lesser price than $2.2 million for 2017."
The Pittsburgh Steelers had a great season and will be even stronger in 2017! Stay in the loop and sign up for our FREE Steelers newsletter!
Traded to Cleveland for a sixth round pick just before the start of the 2016 regular season, Gilbert, the eighth overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, did not start a single game during his lone season in Pittsburgh. In 12 regular season games with the Steelers, Gilbert was credited with one tackle while returning three kickoffs for 69 yards.
Gilbert was quickly ridiculed on social media after being released by the Steelers, with former Cleveland teammate Joe Thomas saying this on Twitter:
Follow
Joe Thomas ✔ @joethomas73
If you don't like football, it doesn't matter how talented you are, your star will burn out quick. https://twitter.com/akinkhabwala/status ... 0275684352
5:09 AM - 7 Feb 2017
3,425 3,425 Retweets 6,804 6,804 likes
Despite Gilbert's lack of playing time, he and thehttp://www.officialvikingssale.com/shop-by-players-andrew-sendejo-jersey-c-2_48.html Steelers had nothing but positive things to say about each other when speaking to the media during the 2016 season, unlike Brandon Boykin, who continuously used the media to question the Steelers' handling of him during his lone season in Pittsburgh in 2015.
“(Gilbert) is very much in our plans," Tomlin said in an interview with Steelers.com prior to Pittsburgh's Week 14 game against the Buffalo Bills. "You often cannot see it, because of the nature of position he’s in. He’s the No. 4 cornerback right now. The fourth corner is primarily a special-teamer until something happens to one of three guys, and then the fourth corner is playing about 45 snaps a game. I routinely have that conversation with him, and I’ll tell Steelers Nation that."
"This reminds me a little bit like Oklahomahttp://www.authenticcowboyssale.com/shop-by-players-darren-woodson-jersey-c-2_67.html State, the relationship I had with the guys," Gilbert told ESPN in October about his first month with the Steelers. "I didn’t really joke around with nobody in Cleveland. I didn’t really hang out with none of them."They treat me like a grown man. I’m a grown man now, so I have to take responsibility. It feels normal."